Ipod stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boobox, Oct 24, 2007.

1. boobox

boobox New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello everyone. I have searched/browsed the forums looking for a way to fix my ipod.

I attempted to jailbreak it using touchfree but it froze a few minutes in. I left it running for about an hour before I closed it and decided I should restore the ipod and start over.

But itunes kept giving me an error when I tried to restore it. So I followed the steps on the forums to put it into forced recovery mode. That still didn't work.

Now it will not leave recovery mode.

Since then I have tried a second computer and uninstalling and reinstalling all apple software installed on my computer. Nothing is working. Anyone have any suggestions til I take it back?

Edit: Also I should add when itunes attempts to restore the ipod the ipod seems to reboot. and the error code I am getting now is 1604 and sometimes 1611.
  2. boobox

boobox New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bump
    Any ideas?
  3. boobox

boobox New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nevermind. Tried a 3rd computer at work. Had to attempt a restore a couple times, but it did work. Yay! I guess what they say is true. Third times a charm.
  4. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

boobox, this is common. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the Touch to restore after jailbreaking. I've had to try as many times as seven. Tips: Restart your computer and use different USB ports.

By the way, is it boo box or is it boob ox?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. boobox

boobox New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would have to say I attempted to restore my ipod about 30 or so times. Trying different variations of attempts. Granted it didnt actually complete a single restore til i tried that 3rd computer.

and to answer your other question its boo box.
  6. POSEIDEN

POSEIDEN Banned

have you fix yours because mine is the same it say 1611 and 1604