Ipod stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mytouch386, Dec 13, 2008.

1. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Tt has been awhile sence I have even touched my ipod but i am trying to upgrade to 2.2 and i think i am on firmware 2.01 (jailbroken). It will not restore it will not go into dfu i have tried
    iBrickr and it doesn't reconize it.
    Ziphone doesn't reconize it.
    Quickpwn doesn't reconize it.
    iTunes will but i get an error message when i try to restore it ( i can't downgrade because it WILL NOT GO INTO DFU CORRECTLY ) I have tried manually going to dfu and doing it with software nothing it just says connect to itunes Please help (please excusse my bad spelling on a new keyboard)
  2. gr33n

gr33n New Member

i have the same exact problem, EXCEPT my ipod touch was never jailbroken. im getting an iPhone 3g for christmas so i was planning on selling my touch, but the buyer isnt going to be happy if it doesnt work... lol
  3. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well i kinda want to fix it lol
    EDIT:I got it in dfu mode but it won't restore
  4. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    bump! please, my town will only sell 2g ipod touches now i want to keep 1G
  5. thetrayder

thetrayder New Member

Wow ive only had my ipod for 2 months and i know the answer to this one. Ive restored my ipod from being frozen or whatever over 15 times. Let me guess when you hook your ipod up to your computer itunes doesnt read it? Wait about 2 minutes itll read it. If you cant restore becauee its in dfu mode then hold home and power until the ipod cuts off then turn it back on. It should he on recovery mode now. Then recover. Also a couple of times when my ipod messedup on me was because i used bossprefs and took all but one icon off of my ico list. I thought my ipod was screwed after that because it got stuck in respring. But then i just let the bAttery die then hook it up to charger and it started up fine. So i dont know your exact case but you could also try lettting your battery die. Hope that helps.
  6. gr33n

gr33n New Member

so i fixed it finally... my last resort was to let my friend recover it on his computer and it worked.

I think it has something to do with little missing program files that screw up the recovery. my computer recently was sent in to be cleaned out (virus) and now it wont restore... but before that it worked fine.