iPod stuck in recovery loop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by harrison, Oct 6, 2010.

1. harrison

harrison New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My friend just jail-broke his ipod 2g MC model he installed lots of apps (guess what it went slow). So he restored it and its in a recovery loop. It gets to the end of restoring and freezes. Hes tried DFU and Recovery mode. The last thing he installed was UDID faker and nows hes annoyed at me cos I told him to Jailbreak...

Any help would be great Cheers!!
  2. Sumsaykra-z

Sumsaykra-z Member

Is the progress bar on the iPod gettting stuck about 2/3 of the way through? If so he probably needs to kick it out of recovery mode. Try a program called Recboot. I believe he needs to let it run its course first and he will probably get an error message about 1-2 hrs through it. I had this same problem trying to restore my iPhone 4 to fw 4.0.1. Do you know what fw he's on? Did he backup his SHSH through Cydia? Because he may have to edit his host file to connect to Cydias server instead of Apple's in order to restore because Apple stopped signing a fw when a new one is released.
  3. harrison

harrison New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think hes used recboot to no help but he tells me left for 6 hours after restore. He used cydia but know if he had a pending SHSH request or not. So i'll try get more info from ok... Soorry for lack of info... thanks
  4. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Download iReb from ih8sn0w.com and put your iPod in dfu where it shows connect to iTunes. Then try running the boot loop/restore loop fixer. Also try restoring on a different computer, updating iTunes, and updating the iPod.
  5. harrison

harrison New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He did use ireb and recovery stuff but I told him today try different comp.... He wants to hand it to apple ;-P
  6. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

Hmm..it sounds like he jailbroke his ipod touch because of the apps...lol juz joking.

I guess the only way is to take it to Apple.
  7. harrison

harrison New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if he restores then takes it to apple not working is that ok

P.S i mean apps like winterboard, sbsettings, etc.
  8. YourFriendBen

YourFriendBen New Member

I know that recboot was mentioned, and maybe my solution would be a bit redundant, but your problem sounds like something I dealt with. (never used recboot.)

I've been trying to update to 4.1 on my gf's ipod touch 2g MC. It was getting to the last (3%) bit and was staying stuck (even after a night of keeping it connected). I realized that the issue is not because my ipod had been jailbroken (which i didn't think was the issue), but something is making it hang at the end.

So what I did, that turned out to work is to give itunes a little kick. itunes is busy using the usb connection to the ipod so I opened "diskaid" (which has 14 day trail if you don't want to buy) while not touching itunes or the ipod cable. I didn't buy the program though it's a good program. (maybe another program similar to using the ipod/iphone port will do the same concurrent connection disruption) and it was enough to let itunes have a little "shake" and then finish up the restore process. Viola! finished restore and working.

Throw me a what's up if this work. I enjoy the positive reinforcement when I actually help someone.
  9. harrison

harrison New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you so much IT WORKED Cheers Buddy...

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. YourFriendBen

YourFriendBen New Member

Hooray!

Hope you gave a nonchalant, "see it wasn't the jailbreaking, and i was really just offering my services" to your buddy. Heh

Cause I've ran into snags before when i was just trying to improve a friend's electronics's potential.

again, Hooray!