Ipod stuck in recovery loop.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zabul, Jan 9, 2010.

1. zabul

zabul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My Ipod touch got stuck in recovery mode. Everytime I turn it on I get the "connect to itunes screen." When I connect it to iTunes and try restoring it, I get a message saying that the iPod couldn't be restored followed by a number, 9, 13, 20, 1601, etc. I have tried putting it into DFU mode and restoring, that didn't work. I have tried using iREB, and many other programs and methods that supposedly take your ipod out of recovery loop, nothing worked. I tried it on a different computer, with a different version of iTunes, and still nothing helps. I've read all the thread here with people similar problem, and have tried all the suggested methods. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can do? Is there a way to do a forced manual restore without itunes? Please help.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you sure you got it in DFU mode?
  3. zabul

zabul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pretty sure I got it in DFU mode, I have QuickFreedom which can detect in what mode my iPod is connected. The thing is, when I try to restore to a 3.0+ firmware, I get to the part where my iPod displays a progress bar, but then the screen flashes white, displays the "connect to iTunes" screen, and I get an error in my iTunes. If I try a firmware less than 3.0, the the progress bar on the iPod actually begins to fill up, it usually gets to about 1/6 of the way, and then I get an error. One time, the progress bar got to 3/4, and I got the error.

Maybe this has something to do with iTunes. I tried reinstalling it, on 3 computers. Are there any software out there that will let you restore your iPod without using iTunes? Maybe there is some way to apply the restore with ssh? Or maybe if I delete some files on my ipod manually with ssh iTunes would allow me to restore?