Ipod stuck in rebooting loop after 1.1.3 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by SCREEM, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SCREEM

SCREEM New Member

I have tried jailbreaking to 1.1.3 a few times now and I keep getting the same result. After going through the ibrickr process I run the 1.1.3 softupgrade from installer and it shows installing and stalls. I let it be and after a while it goes just to a black screen with the spinning circle and an ipod bar at the top. It then reboots and every time it goes into a reboot loop. Shows the apple logo for a few seconds, then reboot, apple, reboot. etc.

I have restored back to 1.1.1 and tried again, same deal. restored again and upgraded to 1.1.2 and tried, same result. Restored and tried 1.1.1 again.

Have any of you encountered this and do you know what the problem is or how to fix it?
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    look in your ibrickr folder for me. How big is 113_upgrade_image.bin?
    if it isn't ~300 megs then the only thing you can do is (only if you are running vista) right click ibrickr and set it to run in compatablity mode for windows xp service pack 2 and also have it run as an admin. That worked for me.
  3. SCREEM

SCREEM New Member

It is 301 MB and I am running XP. Also to mention that i do download from apple, not using a link. A couple of times I have created a new Ibrikr folder and started fresh that way too. Still get the reboot loop everytime after softupgrade.
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    so you have the ipod plugged into anything? Dock or computer?
  5. SCREEM

SCREEM New Member

Plugged straight into computer....
  6. brenner14

brenner14 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I did have the same problem the first time I tried the jailbreak. I just kept trying different combinations of holding the home/power buttons until I managed to get it into restore mode. It's kind of hit or miss because it doesn't seem to register the buttons very well in this looping mode, so it took me a while to get it to restore. I know you can hold both buttons for a while and it will power down. Plugging it into my computer didn't do anything: iTunes would intermittently recognize it until it turned off, so it wasn't very helpful.

For a while I was worried that I'd really bricked it. Good luck.
  7. SCREEM

SCREEM New Member

I can easily get it into restore mode and back to 1.1.1 . Every attempt that I make always ends the same though. from 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 using the apple download and from disk.
  8. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

Hmmm too weird... I havent had that happen at all.
  9. moler

moler New Member

I had the same problem. I was also pressing home and power button and managed to shut it down. When I turned it on 1.1.3 was there. Good luck.
  10. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok it looks like i hade the same problem. open your task manager and close all itune and apple processes