iPod stuck in infinite respring loop?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iJerry, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iJerry

iJerry New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had a beautiful Friday today, until i was installing an app from Cydia that requires respringing. i got kicked out of Cydia before i could press the respring button. i have a respring toggle in my Settings.app, so i pressed the toggle, and it were respringing, and the loading circlce stops like it usually does. but then, another loading circle appears over it, stopping after a while! this happens in an infinite loop, and sometimes the screen blinks white and the iPod restarts. when i get to the connect to itunes screen(im on a tethered jailbreak), i run blackra1n, and in the middle of the picture of geohot, the loading circle(s) appear again.. what should i do ?

EDIT: and, i have full access to my ipod from the computer when its connected
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well first off you should've pressed respring in cydia instead of doing it from SBsettings. Thats all i know sorry
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    this happened to me too, except it kept respringing at the lockscreen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

make sure the device is off.
    hold the home button.
    plug it in.

Hold it until you see, *gulp* the recovery mode screen.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to restore.

Unless, somehow you can get it to boot into safe mode...

Mine went into safe mode once while in the loop.

1. Turn it completely off for 2-3 days.
    2. Turn it on, hoping it'll be in Safe Mode.

If not... *gulp*, you'll have to restore...
  4. Johannes Deegen

Johannes Deegen Community Development

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^I had that a month ago. I'm so sorry, but restore is the only option.

Cue Dramatic Music.
  5. iJerry

iJerry New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i ... restored it. i figured out i didn't have that much to loose .. except for my saved wi-fi networks ..

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

You have to reboot

Mine did it too. But you can still get a connection to itunes, so make a copy of you phone, and then reboot from it.
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^^Clueless noob on the forums...
  8. chaosphone

chaosphone New Member

biteSMS & Activator to get out of Respring loop

Hi Guys,

Noob to forum, but have spent some time hacking about with the iPhone (4). I got into this situation yesterday. Cydia just closed by itself after I installed an app, without prompting a re-spring. I then re-sprung manually, after which the phone just hung in 'Restarting Springboard' mode..

After searching for a bit I found this post with no clear answer - apart from restoring of course.

Well I tried a few more things and actually managed to salvage things, so I though I'd share.

I have biteSMS installed. As part of that, when a volume button is held in for a couple of seconds a little notice appears (in the same format at the volume screen indicator), but which can be clicked on to launch the biteSMS quick-compose interface (see attached screenshot). This actually worked from within the hung respring screen.

From there it allows you to open the biteSMS app. When I did that I couldn't see the app, still only the black respring screen, but the iPhone status bar became visible at the top of the screen. I have a swipe-right activator action set on the status bar to launch SBSettings, which I then used to respring the device again. It re-sprung with no problem after that and everything was back to normal.

So, to have a way out of that sticky situation it might be wise to keep biteSMS and a status bar SBSettings activator action installed.

FYI: Hardware button activator actions for SBSettings didn't seem to work at all.

Ciao

Attached Files:

9. l33tish

l33tish New Member

Dont restore!!!!

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!
    DONT RESTORE!!

okay so what you do just hold the power and home button until it turns off, and then hold the power and home button until you see the apple logo, and then let go of the power button but keep pressing the home button for about 6-7 minutes (my thumb hurt so much!) but it WILL go to the home screen!!!!!
    jujinz likes this.
  10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy Well-Known Member

sbsettings got me stuck in respring a few times. what i did was hard reboot (hold power + home for 10 sec) and reinstalled sbsettings
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.