Ipod stuck in dfu, wont restore.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ink, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Ink

Ink New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ipod wont restore or show anything on screen?

My ipod is only showing a black screen no matter what i do, the only way i can get itunes to recognize it is by putting it in dfu mode but then when i try to restore or shift+restore i just get an error(1601) i have tried everything i have found on the internet and these forums but nothing has worked so far. The ipod is not jailbrokem, but im not sure what firmware is on it, i just got it brand new and at this point i dont care if i have to jailbreak it or not. Someone please help me, Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First, try getting libUSB. From what I understand, many computers won't recognize your device without it. Second, download the latest firmware for your iPod, 3.1.2, and update to that. If it is brand new, it is probably on 3.0 firmware, and if you are trying to update to a previous version, you will get that error. It happened to me when I tried downgrading to a former firmware.
  3. Ink

Ink New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea i wish i could do that, i have libusb but the problem is i cant restore to any firmware or upgrade it at all i get that error no matter what, if i shift+click restore or just try and restore it.