ipod stuck in DFU truly no way out!!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lavalife47, Mar 28, 2009.

1. lavalife47

lavalife47 New Member

okay.. my ipod touch before this all happend was running frimware 1.1.2 i believe and had no wifi i can't switch wifi on and off nor did it have itunes apps on the ipod ( i got the ipod from a friend) everything else worked but i wanted to upgrade to 2.2.1 so i went on with the normal shift restore method in itunes and got error 1601... tried again and got the same thing 1601... so then i was like fu*kit just let me restore the phone to the original defualt frimware itunes woudl download.. that happend to be 1.1.5 and it got stuck on verify ipod restore.. i force quit itunes and pulled out my itouch.. ( my itouch was at a blank screen)... i am unable to turn it on with any buttons... no button combo works.. ( i dont' get anythign to show up on screen no apple logo no nothing when its not connected to the comp) when its connected to the comp i get the soudn no pop-ups than i click itunes and the whole waiting for ipod comes up.. then the usb ( iboot- ipod dfu mode)pop ups and then it says itunes detected ipod in recovery.. and my only option is to restore... it seems everytime i try to restore it to a firmware 2.0 and higher i get error 1601 and right after the * preparing ipod for restore* thing and everything i try to restore anything under 2.0 it goes all the way to verify ipod restore and hangs their.. for how long? .. well i kept it on all last night for atleast a good 8-10 hours.. the only positive feedback i get is that when restore the ipod i do get an apple logo to show with spinning dial on the bottom and itunes stays stuck on verify ipod restore...before you tell me put in restore and DFU mode know that it seems my ipod is in a DFU MODE all the time.. no way out... only thing is when i connect to itunes and it detects found in restore.. but no restore process seems to work... MY IPOD IS PARALYZED is seems on DFU mode... any clues hints at all?...i even went to the apple sote but the so called techs onyl say 3 things.. its water damage, restore it... or replacement.. and i got the replacement one.. but my warranty is dont so i gotta pay 100 for new one.. but i wanna try to fix it.. .. to simplify my ipod touch is STUCK in DFU mode and i am unable to get out of it.. i've tried most of the programs otu there.. but if u have any idea to get out of this.. please do.. it won't respond to ANYTHING... its truly dead if you need more details just let me know I REALLY NEED SOME MAJOR HELP!!! and in no shape to buy a new ipod touch
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

hold power and home until you see the apple logo.
    ----
    that has got to be the longest wall of text i have seen without using the Return key,
  3. dannnyds

dannnyds New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol at the wall. but yea just do what leadergo said and u will be right after that
  4. lavalife47

lavalife47 New Member

is 5 minutes good enough? cuz IT DOENS"T RESPOND!... i get no feedback from the de3vice the only positice feedback.. the only apple logo i get is when i put it in recovery and the apple logo with the spinning dial comes on... otherwise i get nothing!... and of course i can't fully restore it because it gets stuck in verifying ipod restore... DAM THIS!
  5. uiyt94

uiyt94 New Member

Something similar happened to me..when i was jailbreaking my 2g...i didnt hav libusb or something and now its doesnt come out of dfu mode...............
  6. caffman

caffman New Member

i hav a jailbroken 2.2.1 ipod touch and yesterday it got frozen and wouldn't do anything so i forced it into recovery but now when i plug it into restore the progress bar goes all the way up to the top on my ipod and the message on itunes just says''waiting for ipod''and its been like this for ages!!

i really need help !!!PLZ !!!