iPod stuck in DFU mode!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nightiki, Mar 19, 2009.

1. nightiki

nightiki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, last night my ipod froze up after i turned it completely off and then when it was turning back on, it was stuck on the Apple Logo and i read that i should restore it. So i put it into DFU mode and when i tried to restore it, an error occurred and said "The iPod could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (1601)." Then i have been trying all day to reconnect it to my computer and it makes the first sound when i hold the power and home button down for 10 seconds, but when i hold the home button down after for the 8 sec, it makes a rolling "dunk" sound and it is not recognized by the computer or anything. It doesnt even turn on! Please help i'm uber stressed out right now and have no idea how to fix this.
  2. codywtf102

codywtf102 New Member

that hapened to me i just held the power and home button and some how it magicaly came back to life the same as it was now can anyone help me i downloaded libsub on my 32 bit vista cmputer in compatability mode for xp service pack 2 but it still shuts off my usb ports help me guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. nightiki

nightiki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ya but like mine, ive tried everything and my computer will not recognize it at all on any instance and have tried every button combination possible. it like just makes a low triple "duhduhduh" sound when i connect it.
  4. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do you get a 32bit vista computer w/ XP sp2?

Please Register or Log in to view images

LOL

Boot into safe mode and delete it
    there was some code I saw that u can use via cmd to uninstall it in safe mode
  5. codywtf102

codywtf102 New Member

Well thats what everyone said to use if ur running vista so idk maybe vista users cant jailbreak yet if we can id like some help from somebody cause every one wont help me
  6. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First download a NOR flash firmware of your version.
    Put your iPod into recovery mode and connect to itunes.
    Restore into the NOR firmware

if that doesn't work, go to cmd
    navigate to iRecovery
    iRecovery -s
    setenv autoboot true
    saveenv
    fsboot

then when it boots up again, try to restore it.

credits to 1643 for the cmd