iPod stuck in a recovery loop!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by quickreg, Jan 18, 2010.

1. quickreg

quickreg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A few days ago, I was using my iPod Touch when one of the apps suddenly froze my iPod. I, like a dumbass, held the Power+Home button to restart it. After like 30 seconds, it restarted into recovery mode. I tried again, holding the same buttons to restart in normal mode, it didn't work. So, I went into iTunes and clicked Restore (shift+restore method: firmware 3.1.2) but everytime i restored it (it restored successfully and iTunes said it would reboot in 8..7...etc.) but it again rebooted in recovery mode! I tried a whole bunch of times , but it still does the same thing and in another computer, it doesn't even recognize the iPod. Please help guys, i really want my iPod back and since i bought it in US and i live in another country now, there is no Apple repair store.

Please Register or Log in to view images

iPod Touch 2G
    Firmware 3.1.2
    Jail broken with Blackra1n
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try the link in my signature.
  3. quickreg

quickreg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have already tried the iFix solution and the iReb solution! Both of them reboot again to recovery mode!

Also, how can i enter dfu when i am in a recovery mode?
  4. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Manual DFU mode:

1.Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo

2.Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)

3.After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)

4.After a couple more seconds, you should hear a ding dong noise that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.

5.Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
  5. quickreg

quickreg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can i actually put my iPod into recovery mode, when it is in Recovery Mode with the usb wire and itunes icon with a arrows sign? When ever i hold the 2 buttons together, even as long as a minute, it stays the same! I can turn it off once i take off the usb cable! I know that my iPod buttons are working because it can turn on! Can help here?

EDIT: I tried like 2-3 times more and the screen went black and iTunes detected it in recovery mode (there was nothing on the screen, so it must be dfu, right?) I tried restoring again, but it restored and it again went to the recovery screen during the reboot
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Well most of the time a DFU restore fixes everything.
  7. quickreg

quickreg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ipod is confirmed working now, thanks to iPod-ee for helping me.

It seems that you have to hold the buttons longer than usual. This is time it restored without a problem and its working perfect.

A moderator can close this thread , as it is working now!