iOS 3.1 Ipod straight up screwed....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by butteryAZN, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butteryAZN

butteryAZN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I've had my ipod Touch 3g 8gb for 2 months, I jailbroke it with blackra1n a couple weeks ago. Everything's been fine since then. I had all my themes, apps, and all that on there. Then I wanted to add some songs onto my ipod so I plugged it in, then I noticed it started to restore itself automatically..... I tried to stop it, and then my ipod was pretty much screwed. I couldn't see any apps, it said I didn't have any songs and it was like it was blank. So all I could think of to do was to restore it. So that's what I did. Everything seemed good. But then I tried to jailbreak it after it was restored and synced. When the jailbreak was done, itunes was telling me I didn't have any songs on my ipod, and in the summary tab of my ipod, it said I had 3.5gb of "other". So I've tried to restore it a couple of times, but it keeps telling me that it's synced but then there's no music or videos.....and in the summary it still says 3.5gb of "other"....

any suggestions? (btw I'm on the latest version of Itunes and 3.1.2 firmware).
  2. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try dfu restoring.
  3. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  4. butteryAZN

butteryAZN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Since I've tried to restore it 3 times, and I've reinstalled itunes, I guess dfu is the only thing left. I'll give it a try.
  5. ICanHaziPod

ICanHaziPod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Don't restore from a backup...
  6. evilcryalotmore

evilcryalotmore Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Also theres a way how to get rid of other, I think i saw it on youtube, Plus. Go download Diskaid, And go to the media file, Delete all the music.
  7. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPod touch 3Gs blackra1n is a tethered jailbreak. Can't turn off iPod or do any apple stuff without it being restored.

Enter your iPod into DFU and then resync all your music and stuff.

The team that made blackra1n is working on a non-tethered jailbreak for the 3G iPods.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Wrong. If you turn it off, you just run blackra1n and press 'make it ra1n' again to turn it back on with no loss of data.
  9. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think GeoHot is working on a non-tethered jailbreak:

(from GeoHot's twitter)
  10. Gsterv900

Gsterv900 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i found a source on google that gave me geo hot phone number and email i called him up and he said he is working on a un teatherd jailbreak for ipt3g so just be patient im also helping him code it but it will take some time the unteathered part is hard becouse there are alot of source codes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.