ipod storage problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Schlatter, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Schlatter

Schlatter New Member

hey everybody

my problem is as following. itunes says i have 2.5gb storage used for "others", not music, not pictures, not videos, not apps...

i have no clue what it could be. do you have any ideas what that might be???

thanks for your help
    greez schlatter

edit: by the way, how can i backup my ipod manually? i normally sync with anothter computer, but by the time i cant do, so can i make a backup and then restore my ipod and after finishing put the backup in. could that work?
  2. shitpan

shitpan Banned

if youre jailbroken then thats probably all the jailbroken apps and crap you got on it. if not then i have no idea mang.
  3. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

^
    What he said.

Also, if you're on firmware 2.0 with any version of iTunes below 8.0 then "other" is applications. But there is also an issue when you get a heap of "other" so you may want to restore if you have the time.
  4. Schlatter

Schlatter New Member

im not jailbroken (running fw 2.1) and im using itunes 8.

jeah i would of course restore my ipod, but i normally sync with another pc, and on this pc i normally sync the harddisk has crashed (ipod backup is on there) so on this pc i have no backup from my ipod. and if i would restore my ipod all contacts, pictures, favorites would have gone away...

my question: how can i backup my ipod manually?

does anybady have another suggestion for solving the problem WITHOUT losing all my stuff

greez and thanks
    schlatter