iPod stopped syncing with iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by treminaor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Recently, I was syncing some new apps to my iPod, and iTunes locked up for a few seconds, then started trying to reinstall all of the applications on my iPod (What?). Anyway, Iclicked the little X to stop the process, then disconnected my iPod and reconnected it. iTunes said "Cannot sync iPod, Unknown error 0xE8000001. I was able to solve this by reinstalling my MobileInstallation patch via Cydia. Everything was woking fine after that, and now all of a sudden iTunes stopped trying to find my iPod. No errors or anything when I connect my iPod, and it charges, but it just does nothing. My iPod is recognized in System Profiler (I'm on a Mac), and I can reboot my iPod via USB fine, but iTunes wont see my iPod. I've tried restarting my computer, my iPod, and reinstalling iTunes. Nothing has fixed it. Any suggesting?

Edit: If I have it plugged in while running XCode, it says "Received Unknown Error from MobileDevice, try disconnecting and reconnecting". Ugh, "Unknown" Errors are really helpful in the process of solving a problem...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump...Anyone?

Edit: I guess I'll go ahead and just restore it.
  2. Bi0hAzArD

Bi0hAzArD Member

You'll probably have to restore.
  3. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch