Ipod Startup Time

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Zavonn, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was wondering how long it usually takes for the common jailbroken ipod to startup. I noticed that my ipod takes an unusually long time to startup(about 1:00 to 1:15 minutes), and am wondering if you have any suggestions as to how I can reduce the time.
    So far I disabled all my themes on winterboard, turned off inteliscreen, disabled all "updating" settings, and even uninstalled Sbsettings app if it'd make any difference. My "record" time is 59 seconds, but I'd still like to get it down to under half a minute. I read on yahoo answers that some people get it down to 13 seconds...is that even possible?
  2. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure how to make it any faster, possibly reinstall the firmware...

I get speeds of around 20 seconds, but if i hold both buttons until it turns off, then turn it on again, it takes like 2 mins.
  3. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmmm...I wouldn't want to restore though. My computer, for some odd reason, doesn't recognize my ipod in DFU mode, making it impossible to jailbreak. I had to jailbreak at my friend's house and I don't want to go through the whole process again. Having a jailbroken ipod is way better than an ipod that has a boot time of 1 second!

But do you have any other suggestions as to how I can get it down to 20 seconds? How many/what programs do you have installed? I don't think I have too many...I still have around 40/128 mb free of ram...that doesn't have anything to do with the startup, does it?
  4. Torrents

Torrents New Member

My jailbroken iPod Touch only takes about 30 seconds to boot up completely, but I'm not sure how to speed it up, and I don't know what slows it down either.
  5. theboss123

theboss123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i had the same problem u have to uninstall itunes and any apple updater or ipod softwares in add remove programs
    then reinstall itunes that is what i did to get it to work
  6. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For the jailbreak? I tried doing that before, and it still didn't work. I'm probably going to get a new laptop anyways (my current is a 2003 Dell Inspiron on Windows XP Home), so I'm hoping that it'd work then.
    But for the startup time, I've had a history with bad startups on jailbroken 1.1.4 (it'd take twice as long, and sometimes just freeze at the bootlogo altogether), so maybe it's just the ipod? I bought it refurbished from Apple...
    Even so, I'd like to know an estimate of what/the amount of programs I should have on my ipod to keep it quick when booting up.

I currently have 68 packages installed from Cydia (not including sources), and I'm only taking up around 3.5 gig of space on my ipod. I also have 25% free on the system partition memory.
  7. infernoxc

infernoxc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine takes few min its because i have about 1.3 GB of app store application
    im guessing u have alot of apps on ur ipod thats y it takes a long time 2 startup
  8. thewuse

thewuse New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Takes mine about 30 or a little more seconds to boot up.
  9. NoGoodNamezz

NoGoodNamezz New Member

Same

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Interesting, because I have 1.23 gigs of apps. I'll try deleting the ones I don't play that often anymore.