Ipod Splitting Apart

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Frozen72, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

My iPod Touch is starting to split apart near the Wi-Fi Antenna. It's not that bad but my signal has gone down about 20-30% after I noticed this. I haven't ever tired to open my iPod or have I dropped it. If I charge it under a pillow and make the screen melt would apple replace my iPod Touch? I got it about 5 weeks ago.
  2. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Where did you buy it? Some places have a 90 day return policy for defects if you have the receipt.
  3. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

BestBuy
    I still have the reciet and I just thought about that right after I posted the thread. I'm going to try and go there tomorrow. If I get it replaced does that restart my 90 day warrentee, or do I have to talk to the people at BestBuy?
  4. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I believe it does. I'm not very sure though. I would imagine, that because it's a new model, that the 90 days would apply.
  5. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

BestBuy is a no go they only offer a 14 day return policy. I guess that I'm going to have to damage the screen and use apples 1 year warrentee.
  6. nate122122

nate122122 New Member

thats weird because my best buy is very good at return policies and im sure they gave me 90 days for everything i have ever bought there. you better try to return it at least.
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

i wouldnt damage the screen, id just say its not holding its charge and apple will change it, they cant actually test it in store, thats what the guy who swapped mine told me anyway, i only say dont damage the screen cause u cud and they might not swap it
  8. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it would be hilarious if goldfinger busted in here and tried to sell you a darthpod...

"iPod back coming off?? Now would be the perfect time to buy!!!!"
  9. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I'll try that and I'll damage the screen as a last resort. Maybe if I go in there on my old crutches they will fell sorry and be more likely to replace it for me. PS I don't have any Apple Stores near me...