Ipod Software Update (dont Do It!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elmachotaco, Nov 19, 2007.

1. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

The new iPod software update that is available for the iPod Touch will kill your iPod, you will have to restore it to factory settings and do everything from scratch.

I updated my ipods software and all that happened was it went to the slide to unlock screen and the small dial that signifies loading of any sort, came on, and off, and on, and off, over and over again, and wouldnt stop, i had to restore my ipod to factory settings and im still busy re-doing everything.

If anybody has any suggestions to what happened to me, please to not give me gay remarks telling me im a ****** and i did something wrong, be polite and let this be a discussion for everyone.

Thanks guys.
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

elmachotaco,

This has been covered many times. The 1.1.2 update has been out for a while now.

It's foolish to try and install an official update over the top of a hacked iPod operating system, it's clearly not going to go well. If you've got the required brain power and drive to hack your iPod Touch I'd hope you'd keep abreast of issues such as updates and not just blindly install them.
  3. 13ringinheat

13ringinheat New Member

search + read before you do any more hacks or firmware upgrades otherwise you are better off with a non jailbroken touch.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What's funny is that I stickied a thread that became Several pages long in which I tell you how to avoid that issue entirely.

Well, I think it's funny.
  5. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Should I get a needle and thread, to sew up your sides - as it were.
  6. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

can't just update the 1.1.2 to a 1.1.1 jailbroke(jailbreak) ipod as they have stated

steps must be taken while still jailbroke(jailbreak) at 1.1.1 like installing
    Oktoprep located in the installer/tweaks(1.1.1)

find links here in regards our watch video here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXfcnO4kjB4