Ipod Sms - Voicemail :o

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 6ironmaiden9, Oct 12, 2007.

1. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

2. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

3. ch3wbacca

ch3wbacca New Member

Hi, first post.

Thats rather odd those 'sms' and 'voicemail' folders that appear.

Has anyone taken a touch apart yet and tried to ID the chips the same way they did with the iPhone? I know that a lot are unmarked and there's still the lingering question about bluetooth, but this really does make you wonder about the functionality that is in the touch that apple have just 'ignored' in the OS.

Although, it is also possible that the odd folders in the touch are simply a result of reusing existing iphone code and just being lazy.
  4. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

that doesnt mean the touch has bluetooth (it doesnt) all that means is apple where lazy when it came from taking firmware from the iphone to the itouch
  5. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    how are you viewing those files and folders, i mean what program do you use.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  6. jrzymuscle24

jrzymuscle24 New Member

Can those files do anything like be opened to see if settings can be altered?
  7. Khris

Khris New Member

Uhm......no. You found a few files that Apple sloppily ported over to the iPod from the iPhone.

Windows comes with Bluetooth files but if you don't have the hardware installed, it's useless.
  8. admkenshin

admkenshin New Member

The iPod firmware does include the SMS and Telephony frameworks. I tried taking in the SMS and phone apps. They started just fine, but pressing call did nothing, pressing voicemail did nothing, etc. At least it doesn't crash when it cant find the hardware, like some other OS:es we know...
  9. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Lol, And i know this dont necessarily mean theres bluetooth but im saying that theyre too f***ing lazy to make a brand new firmware or atleast clean it up!