iPod Slowdown?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ExplosiveDuck, Jan 1, 2008.

1. ExplosiveDuck

ExplosiveDuck New Member

I recently Jailbroke my iPod Touch, 16GB, and it's running Jailbroken at 1.1.2, and it seems to run somewhat slow.. I don't know if that's normal, I have a Summerboard Theme on it ad two pages of Apps, nothing much, and it's a bit choppy when opening / closing things.

And also, when I'm in Installer.app, my Sources refresh SO slowly. I have about 25 of them, so that could be it, but I was wondering if maybe I just have something bad with my Jailbreak?

Thanks much

-Zack
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

About it being slow, maybe it's because it's running too many processes, tap any app and then hold the home button for 10 seconds, or you can get SysInfo (installer) and kill processes manually...

As for the Installer refresing, it's normal since you have that many sources... try removing some of the ones you don't need anymore. ^^

kthxbai,
    Joseph
  3. ExplosiveDuck

ExplosiveDuck New Member

Ahh -- Alright, didn't know about the process killing. That'll probably work wonders.

And yeah, I figured it was because I had so many sources. I wish I could just turn some off rather than deleting them.

But meh, I don't mind the wait I guess.

Thanks for the quick reply.
  4. ExplosiveDuck

ExplosiveDuck New Member

Is the ModMyiPhone source really worth it or does Installer.app's default source grab most of those apps anyways?