Ipod shows "connected" but no internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EpicIn10sity, Jul 3, 2010.

1. EpicIn10sity

EpicIn10sity New Member

I have been using my new Ipod touch 8g, 2nd gen for about a month and I have wanted to use the internet on it in my home but I am having trouble.

I have a Netgear wireless router that all the computers in my house are connected to and work fine but my ipod seems to not be able to use it for wifi.

I went to the wifi settings on my ipod and it searched for wifi and found Netgear, my router. It connected fine (no password required because my wifi isnt locked or something) and shows that it has 3 bars of connectivity.

I figured this meant that my ipod would be able to go on the internet easily but when I tried safari and went to Google, but it just sat there loading forever. I am not sure how long it usually takes to load a page but probably not more than a minute (please someone correct me).

A window then popped up saying "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

I do not know what the problem might be because the ipod says it is connected and has good connection.

I also just discovered that if I turn the wifi setting off then on, I have internet access for about 15 seconds.

If someone has any help, it would really be appreciated
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

Try using a proxy and see if it makes any difference.. Maybe?
  3. EpicIn10sity

EpicIn10sity New Member

How do i use a proxy?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Does anyone have any help?