Ipod show no music or movies

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gatorbyte, Mar 14, 2008.

1. gatorbyte

gatorbyte New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Last night I was downloading a few RSS feeds to my iPod touch. I was getting tired, so I left the ipod connected to my PC (WinXP) with iTunes running. When I got up the this morning, i noticed that instead of the 1500 songs or so, iTunes indicated that my music was replaced with "Other" files instead of music, video or pictures. When i SSH'd into the iPod, i notice that the MP3 files were still in there and that i could still play them if i retrieved them from the iPod. The iPod showed that no music was installed, yet it is still there.

My guess is that one of the indexing files was changed somehow (maybe I did it before I when to bed, who knows). At first I was just going to delete the folders were the MP3 files are stored. Then I though that if this was an index file corruption, i may still need to correct that. Does anyone know which file(s) indexes the music, videos & pictures? or better yet, how is that indexed/stored on the iPod? is this as easy as deleting my MP3s and resyncing with iTunes?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kwmwtaj

kwmwtaj New Member

Ok if you can shh or ssh your ipod you can pretty much do everything and plus I dont my things through sendspace and the locater or whatever its called that its like a (ipod explorer) lol. If the files are corrupted then THEY ARE corrupted and YOU HAVE to do it again srry