iPod Setting Up Issue! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jibblejab, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today my bro got a brand new iPod Touch 2G (from a trusted retailer here in the UK) and when I tried to set it up for him it wouldnt work!

I opened iTunes, plugged the ipod in and the recovery screen pops up but it gets stuck there. It asks me to install the driver necessary.

I have tried installing and re-installing itunes and everytime I try it, it still asks for the driver. I checked and "Apple Mobile Device" or what ever its called is running perfectly fine, but it keeps asking for the driver.

Im running Windows XP and iTunes is updated to the latest version.

Please can someone shed some light on this problem, my bro is really upset

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Call apple it might be the iPod and it's still under warranty. If it's your pc then apple should also be able to help.
  3. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The odd thing is, my ipod (2G jailbroken) and my dads ipod (2G) both work perfectly fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

I will call apple soon
  4. arithmatics

arithmatics Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so are you saying that your brothers NEW ipod touch cannot sync whilst yours and your dads can??

it could be the firmware... but to be safe check with apple first then try restoring the firmware.

it happened to me once when i first got mine to. naturally i FREAKed because my ipods still new and whatnot at the time.. so yea.. i restored the firmware.. as in put it into DFU mode and restored and after that it got working..

technically my friend did all the work since i was still new to ipod touches. =D
  5. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I cant even get it to the stage of syncing. Everytime I plug it into the computer it doesnt recognise the device and asks to install the driver.
  6. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think you ahve to install the driver the first time