iPod seems to enter recovery on its own

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MattKman, Mar 5, 2008.

1. MattKman

MattKman New Member

This has happened a few times now...
    I jailbreak the ipod just fine, i can play music, install apps and so on just fine.
    But after a week or two, I go to use it and it shows the recovery icon (the one with itunes logo and ipod cable). I havent done anything to make it enter recovery.
    The last time it happened, it was as I was checking my email. It froze midway through loading it, after about 30 seconds it showed the apple logo and turned off. I turn it on again, and recovery icon. The other times it was when the ipod was just sitting there doing nothing.

At a guess, Id say the internal drive is 'Fubar'd... But I could be wrong. Is there anything you guys can suggest?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Did you Jailbreak 1.1.3? with the soft upgrade?

Thats your problem there... it does the same with me, just dont force power down.
  3. MattKman

MattKman New Member

Yeah it was through the 1.1.3 soft upgrade the first two times... The last time it was through the 1.1.4 soft upgrade... Im assuming the same sort of problem
    Should I give ZiPhone a try?
  4. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    if i were you i would use ziphone 2.4 or 2.5 depending if u want ajb 1.1.3-4 it better......... faster.......... safer............