Ipod screen went black!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Myekay, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is what happened,,,

i was updating one of my games thru installer, and all of a sudden, after it was done, the screen starts like flicking as in it kept on flashing from black to gray for a good minute, and i was like "ohhh great...." then it goes dark black..

and i was like well maybe if i connect it to my ihome? i did, nothing happened... then to my computer,, NOTHING! not even itunes popped up... i cant turn it on,,, nothing happens i pressed the sleep/home button,, and nothing appears...so now im scared.. my wifi was on, and right now, my router says its still connected??
    i have warrenty on it thru best buy, but since its jailbroken, idk what they'll do?

is it fixable? can i do something?

some one pleasee helppp!!!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    One time my iPod randomly shut off, so it did a hard reset. (hold the sleep/home buttons till the apple logo appears, then release them.)

That might not solve your problem; then you might want to get it in recovery mode.
  3. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the thing is that i cant see my screen its completely black,, even if its still functioning,, i cant see the screen..? it doesnt even appear in itunes... idk what to do...
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hardly doubt the people at best buy would be smart enough to check if it was jailbroken. And if it wont turn on, then theres no way for them to check.
  5. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you sure theirs no way they can tell if its jailbroken... also is there a possibility that they CAN fix it? i rather not them to fix it.... cuz if they do, there gonna see my ipod hacked to the limit...
  6. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    there might a cammand in putty that can restore just make sure you hvae it connected to computer it might restore then
  7. vegaspimp13

vegaspimp13 Banned

Mine just did the same exact thing. I just installed bsd subsystem term fix then i opened screenshot and turned enabled off. I opened termvt100 and my screen went flicking black to gray like yours. I just used force restore and that worked for me.
  8. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you know what, i was messing around with the screenshot.app idk if that messed up my ipod....

idk what im gonna do... im afraid that bestbuy will find out that i hacked my touch...
  9. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    AGREED! If you seriously can't get it to restore, take it back....you'll have a shiny new ipod touch that works!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    And so what if they say its hacked, just try it at another store. Its not like theyre gonna run it over with a truck right there cause its hacked.