iPod screen sometimes doesn't turn on / "Not Enough Memory"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kayzo, May 1, 2009.

1. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I got two issues.

1. Sometimes, when I'm just using my iPod normally, I turn off my screen, but when I try to turn it back on, it doesn't. I press both the Home and Power buttons, but nothing works; I have to reboot it, and after I do that, the screen kinda flickers when I turn it on, although the latter goes away after a while. Any ideas?

2. Lately, when I've tried to uninstall something by just pressing the "x" on the icon, I get the message "Not Enough Memory". I tried googling for an answer, but didn't come across anything. I have to respring to be able to uninstall that app. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm going to take a wild guess here...you don't have enough free memory.

You probably have a lot of MobileSubstrate extensions installed (Winterboard, SBSettings, etc.), either disable Winterboard themes or uninstall some of those extensions.
  3. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

1. Happens to me every now and then. Don't know why.
    2. Never seen that. Possibly what [above] said and/or maybe too many backgrounded applications(Safari, iPod, Mail, Backgrounder).
  4. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    No, I don't use backgrounder.
    It COULD be my widgets, (weather and time), but I've had them for a while, yet I only got the memory problem yesterday. Weird.