ipod screen is horrible...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beebop, Oct 3, 2008.

1. beebop

beebop New Member

Hey guys,
    This morning i woke up after having my ipod touch plugged into the docking station and it was off. I thought, "that's weird" and then i looked closer and well.. there looks to be a large burn-type mark on the screen.. and it won't even turn on or connect to iTunes. What can i do? Please help. As you can see i'm a n00b (although i hate admiting it) and this is my first post. I literally made this account to get help off you guys.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How does that indicate the screen is horrible? There is probably a malfunction with your Charger or something.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Brutal man

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sounds like it may have been fried.

I would try to take it back under warranty and explain what happened.
  4. beebop

beebop New Member

I was thinking about the warranty...
    And sorry.. i didn't mean it's bad.. just mine is now lol

I'm so sad now

my ipod was my baby. I had problems with it flickering on and off then not getting past the apple logo so i asked for the packaging to be recieved to send it away to them. I just rang the apple phone support and explained and he said just to send it away as intended before. But now i fear apple might think i did it on purpose or something because they'll see that the ipod is broken more now and reject fixing it

ah i don't know what to do
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Be honest, and send it in. This may be something they have seen before, but they may blame the charger. Hopefully they replace it for you. Let us know what happens. Good luck.

I fried my iPod touch last week as well if it makes you feel any better. Some water spilled out of a cup overnight and soaked it. I took it apart, and it has dried out for over a week and all I get is a fuzzy white screen

6. beebop

beebop New Member

yeah i'm plannig on being honest... it's an apple branded charger so i'm hoping they'll still cover it.
    But the guy on the phone was saying "send it in as you were going to before" I'm just afraid incase they say they won't fix it because that wasn't the problem i described to them.

Any way i can contact apple and describe this to them? I tried sending another support email but it just says one (the one i already submitted to get the shipping packaging) is already pending.

EDIT: i'm sorry to hear you fried yours too

I have some birthday money left over so i think i'll buy the new touch if all else fails... What did you do in the end?
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

If it was an Apple brand charger, I am almost sure they will replace it for you. You can try calling their customers support line, or just put a note in with your return package.

I am still hoping that my touch comes back to life, but in the meantime I bought my wife the new 2G. Turns out she actually likes it, and I never see it.

8. beebop

beebop New Member

Thanks,

So i wrote a letter to include in the packaging.. going to arrange collection for tomorrow (if ups will collect then.. anyone know?)
    I shall let you know how i get on with the replacement/repair. Any ideas if it does not go according to plan and they reject it though?? Try again?
  9. teekaysk8

teekaysk8 New Member

same happened to me with the burn marks!!!
    i microwaved my touch to get a new one cause it was scratched and dented and these "burns showed up"
    ne1 know if apple will replace it if i just say what this guy said about the charger?
  10. beebop

beebop New Member

Well i think you might get a new one.. i don't know.

anybody?