iPod Returnable After Jailbreaking & Questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bboywingwing, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bboywingwing

bboywingwing New Member

I bought my 16GB iPod Touch back in October of 2007. It is jailbroken and has scratches on the back, small scratches on the corners, a small dent in the back, and a really ugly booboo at the bottom. I have always kept my iPod with the firmware 1.1.1 and did not bother to update it, so occassionally I come across problems when I'm watching videos. The problem that I encounter is sometimes the iPod will freeze for about 10 seconds, then just shuts off, in the same manner as when you force shut it, or it just freezes up. So this time I forced my iPod off, then when I turned it back on the screen became completely blank. No Apple logo or anything. Just a grey screen. However I can still hear the slider and text when I touch the screen. So I guess it's just the display problem. Anyways I want to take the iPod to Apple for a warrant, but I am concerned about the following:

1) The iPod has been restored through iTunes, and now it is in its fresh 1.1.1. state. However will Apple be able detect that the iPod was jailbroken and void the warranty? And,

2) The iPod looks like it's been through a lot of use and so it has numerous scratches and the bottom where the port is is really badly scratched (someone force fed a charger head into it, thus bending the bottom a bit and parts of the metal has come off. However it is still chargable). When I send this to Apple, will they deny the warranty and blame that the damage is caused by that?

LOL I don't use a case ever because I bought a hardcase and it was crap. And never bothered to use it afterwards. Anyway I'm worried that Apple will deny my warrant request and so 400 dollars just went down the drain.
  2. touchfever

touchfever New Member

since you bought it less then one year ago, your still covered for apple warranty.
    no they cant detect it was jailbroken since you restored it, restore means COMPLETELY delete everything. since youve had it for more than 6 months, apple will probbaly make you send your ipod to their warehouse which will cost you 40 bucks. If you have an apple store near you i recommend going there first. you of course will get a refurbished ipod, mening a brand new ipod but inside a white box with JUST the ipod. so keep your headphones and what now:]

and we cant determine what appl ewill say, so its worth the shot right?
  3. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

Lol I can't help but laugh at your avatar. BOOM! HEAD SHOT!
  4. Fehr

Fehr New Member

It's an addicting avatar to just stare at. The man looks quite aggravated.

Okay sorry. If you take it to the Apple Store, chances are they will replace it for you, given that you have done a hard restore. Restoring leaves no traces whatsoever that it was jailbroken, though Apple probably should have kept a log of everything that happened on the iPod prior to the jailbreak (whether for legal reasons or for debugging reasons). In any case, you'll get a replacement.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    me too. it is so funny. i saw the first version too!!! i was like. my friend would said this all the time.