iPod restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dopey070, Dec 15, 2007.

1. dopey070

dopey070 New Member

Okay so this new downloadable jailbreak has been nothing but problems for me. After downgrading to 1.1.1 (which was a pain, i kept getting the error "Error. iPod "iPod" could not be restored (5)" ) I couldn't get jailbreakme.com to download installer. After figuring out how to get it to work and installing some apps... i decided i wanted to go back to 1.1.2. I did OktoPrep and from there it went downhill. My iPod wouldn't upgrade to 1.1.2 and then I tried to restore my iPod and that didn't work. I used the force reset (hold home and the on/off button) and I have the iTunes logo with the cord on my screen now. I tried to shift-restore to 1.1.1 and i also tried to restore with 1.1.2 and neither are working. I get the error: "Error. iPod "iPod" could not be restored (5)." Any ideas? I'm pretty worried because I can't get it to restore. I've restarted my computer and what not. Please help!
  2. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

3. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  4. dopey070

dopey070 New Member

Guys, I don't need help jailbreaking the iPod. I've done that once before the old way. And I've already tried to force restore my iPod multiple times. Are there any other solutions besides sending it to apple? My iPod is stuck on the "connect to iTunes" screen while in "recovery" mode and i've tried restoring it on multiple computers. Any help? Please!