iPod Restore Error 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MattyG, Mar 4, 2010.

1. MattyG

MattyG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, I have a major problem and am at the verge of smashing my iPod with a hammer.

About a month a go I purchased an iPod Touch 3G with 3.1.2 firmware. For the past two weeks I have been trying to jailbreak and had finally done it... or so I thought.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I ran blackra1n and it said it worked. My iPod then did nothing. Just had a black screen. It wouldnt turn, restore, connect, charge etc. Just yesterday, I managed to get it into DFU mode and iTunes popped up asking for me to restore. I shift+clicked restore and selected 3.1.2 firmware. It's starts to restore but then when verifying I get error 6 (unknown error the ipod could not be restored etc).

I have tried absolutely everything in existence. Re-installed iTunes, different usb port, different usb cable, different computer, rebooted computer, checked to see if security software were blocking it, used different 3rd party software. Nothing works.

If anyone has any ideas (other than what I have already mentioned) that would be really appreciated.

Matt