iPod resprings while syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Ex-Touch, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen pertaining to my iPod. When trying to sync, my iPod resprings. To make things even weirder, iTunes continues to sync while it's respring. However, I did notice that it stops until the passcode prompt comes up after the SWOD stops, then it continues syncing. I find this to be really weird. Any help?
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it's not a SWOD^^ it's usual. Everytime/sometimes if you sync an app it requires a respring. Especially if you install new apps this will happen very often. syncing while respring is possible. springboard also is only an app. itunes "talks" with the console (unix blabla) on which Mac OS X is based.
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I know it's not SWOD, I was just finding a way to explain the spinning wheel. Lol. Anyways, thanks. Just thought I needed to address it.
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

lol im having the same problem. I guess it only happens when u have too much apps
  5. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    this is happening to me to. i dont think its a problem, but its wierd and new.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Try and repair iTunes or reinstall.
  7. shawkinsl

shawkinsl New Member

I dont think anything is wrong. i have the same thing, nothing "bad" is occurring so far. No worries till a restore is required, righto?
  8. Scheercuzy

Scheercuzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think some apps in itunes need a re spring every time you sync. i had the same problem when i installed Facecall, but once i removed it, my phone didn't re spring anymore when i synced it.
  9. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I had this problem with infinidock. So I uninstalled it n now it is fine. BTW my springboard use to crash even when installing Cydia apps when infinidock was installed. And Cydia works fine too now.