iPod Remote app bug? Song rating not showing on iPod?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jaimev, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jaimev

jaimev New Member

I used the Remote app program to start playing a song on my iMac. But looking at the Remote app, there was no rating for the song, yet iTunes on my IMac showed I had already assigned one to it. Does anyone else observe this? You wold think the iPod display would reflect what's being shown in iTunes

I tried playing an unrated song in iTunes, and then assigned a rating via the iPod Remote app, and that immediately updated the rating shown next to the song in iTunes.
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

dont expect it to be perfect. I can tell the remote was a last-minute app apple threw in as an advertisment helper, and it works pretty well. I cont imagine why you'd absolutely NEED to view the rating on your ipod, especially since you use it on the same network (same building)

but its still a work in progress I guess
  3. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

Are You Serious ?

I mean come on man. Are you really complaining about some star ratings when you have a app. that can control your itunes ? THis is one of the best apps in the appstore , and it works very good. Not showing a star rating is not a bug. Its just not featured with-in the app.
  4. jaimev

jaimev New Member

Obviously it's a bug

Hey, I appreciate getting a great free app. I'm just pointing out a bug.

And it's such an obvious bug that I was truly surprised it got past their testing. I mean I saw it within 30 seconds of playing with the Remote app - it stood out to me like a sore thumb.

And Apple allows me to set the rating on the Remote and it's reflected instantly in iTunes, but it can't bother showing me an existing rating in iTunes. C'mon, that's just plain sloppy.
  5. Shortyman801

Shortyman801 New Member

It is A small, possibly annoying bug, if your really that picky. But it was a last minute app put together to help marketing, and it is pretty innovative for a free app. Woudl you really want to pay 10.00$ or probably more, just so you could have a less buggy program?

Since your new, I'm assuming you haven't jailbroken your ipod, and aren't used to buggy software.

If it does bother you, you could probably get hold of the developer and file a report.

BTW

Does remote, or any other app let you play your libraries' music on your ipod? (pretty much reversed)