iPod remains blank when rebooted

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by HTRedneck, Jun 25, 2009.

1. HTRedneck

HTRedneck New Member

A word to the wise, or perhaps to the unwise:

Whenever I have used a reboot function on SB Settings or Cydia has forced a reboot, the iPod will not start. It will attempt to reboot, and you will see the Apple symbol, however you get a blank screen once it is done loading. My computer still recognizes the iPod touch and syncs with it, but the screen remains blank. I have had to restore and jailbreak both times this has happened to me. Powering on and off doesn't appear to be the problem, it's only rebooting that has caused it, at least in my case.

Perhaps this is an isolated case, but I would just turn it off and on manually instead of using a reboot function just to be safe.
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

dont try to reboot or respring with sbsettings. it has been known to have issues with that. if you want to respring, then use killsb. for rebooting, there is a website called [PIRACY].com. go find their source, then install something called gPower. it is a mod that put 3 buttons instead of 1 slider on the screen when you hold down the sleep button. the buttons are reboot, power down, and respring. i like it alot. but i will warn you, that source has questionable stuff in it. to all mods, i am not putting this up as illegal material. i am advising a mod that is very useful. but since i have not tried it on 3,0 yet, i cant tell you how it works.