iOS 3.1 Ipod refuses to update to 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sanchez13, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Sanchez13

Sanchez13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Guys, I've been jailbreaking for a while now so i'm no noob to it all but i've come across a major issue which i can't find a way around myself. I previously was running a jailbroken 3.0 on my ipod touch 2g and when blackra1n was released i figured it was finally safe to update to 3.1.2 (missed the 3.1.1 update all together) so i connected my ipod to itunes and clicked upgrade and all seemed well until i started to update the firmware and then it said that an error had occurred and then my ipod refused to work at all. when i tried turning it back on it just brought up the connect to itunes screen but then when i connected it to itunes it couldn't restore it as again this unknown error happened again and again. I've managed to bring my ipod back to life by restoring it to the unjailbroken 3.0 firmware which i can jailbreak and that works ok. But when ever i try to upgrade it to 3.1.2 it always has this error and i have to start from scratch with my ipod and restore all my files again. This even happens when i try doing it from an unjailbroken firmware. I'm really at the end of my tether here guys. Any suggestions?

Thanks In advance
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    DFU restore to 3.1.2
  3. Sanchez13

Sanchez13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do i just put it in DFU mode then connect it to itunes?
  4. KerrWasHere

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes
    i think a normal restore will work too, but DFU will work for sure
  5. Sanchez13

Sanchez13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i've tried just a normal restore and that keeps screwing up my ipod. With the DFU restore i just keep getting the message that it can't connect to the itunes update server or what ever it is. i've downloaded the firmware as well and tried the shift restore method but its still not having it
  6. KerrWasHere

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    why wont it connect to the sever? did you change anything
  7. Sanchez13

Sanchez13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no thats the first time i've ever got that message
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i'm currently trying a normal restore again just to see if its managed to fix itself as these things sometimes do. it just sits for ages on preparing ipod for software update.
  8. KerrWasHere

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    restart the computer, if it doesnt work after that there is nothing i can help you with at the moment, i have to go do something
  9. Sanchez13

Sanchez13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well it messed up again and i had to restore it to 3.0 yet again but it did this via the dfu restore no problem with no server message warnings or anything. what the hell is going on with this thing???
  10. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sorta.

Escentially yes. Although it needs to be plugged in to DFU in the first place.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Try downloading the firmware then disconnect your internet while doing the restore?