ipod recovery mode by itself?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by canuks_fan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. canuks_fan

canuks_fan New Member

so i plugged in my ipod just now, and aparently it was in recovery mode... it was working just fine last time i picked it up, and it's been in my pocket the whole time. I didn't do the force restore thing, it just went into recovery mode by itself... what's the deal???
  2. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah this is strange.

mine froze on mobile finder so i obviously just did a hard reset, and then i let go of both buttons once it had turned off.

when i turned it back on, it went into recovery mode.

GRRRRRR
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

4. ilovem

ilovem New Member

Ipod put itself into recovery mode

yes I had all the same thing, I was in customize, I clicked ok to change the weather picture backround, and it froze, it restarted automatically and put itself into recovery mode, what a sh*t!!!!!!! what am I supposed to do now?? downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak all until 1.1.3????? SO much work?????? AGAIN????

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    The exact same thing happened to me after I jb 1.1.3 last night.

Went to change my weather background in customize, and my Ipod froze then automatically restarted and put itself in recovery mode.

Had to start the jb process all over again with 1.1.1.
  6. iamfiremansam

iamfiremansam New Member

What happened with mine was I tried to turn it on one morning but nothing happened. So I held power and home button for 10 seconds to boot it up. And now I have had to do that ever since just to turn it on and wake it from sleep. Its so frustrating.
    I downgraded to 1.1.1 then upgraded back to 1.1.3. I'm still waiting to see if it fixed the problem.

Any ideas why its doing this???
  7. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same!
    today i was editing N72AP.plist in /System/library/coreservice/springboard.app
    i finished editing, i removed an old file (i used iphone explorer) and then i got an error and iphone explorer quit itself
    i opened it again, there was no /coreservice/ in /library/...
    i unlocked my touch, there was a spinning wheel... i restarted, it got to recovery mode. i restarted again, used recboot to recover from it, but didnt work... im restoring now and gonna rejailbreak.. -.-
    so pissed... i get problems like that at least 3 times in two weeks.. and i restored my touch 2 days ago already.