iPod reboot taking longer than desired

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SaintShubz, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SaintShubz

SaintShubz New Member

Hey guys, just something that's been bothering me a bit..

Whenever I reboot my iPod Touch 2g (by holding down sleep/wake and home buttons until the Apple logo appears) it seems to take a long, long time for the iPod to actually be usable again.

My sister also has an iPod Touch 2g, a 32gb model just like mine. Almost everything is the same about the two (I've heard things about the slight tint of the screen being different on some peoples' iPods to others) but ours are identical in those respects.
    The only thing different is that her reboot takes, like, a third as long as mine does. I've even had them rebooted at the exact same time, next to each other. She was flicking around her springboard and I was still sitting there with my chin on my fist.

Also, not sure if it means anything, but even though I set the two iPods Contrast to full on both, her Apple boot logo seems to be bright whereas mine is dull (when rebooting).

Now, it may be something to do with the fact that she has 3gb of data on her iPod and that I have 28gb..? If that's the case then I'm perfectly fine with it. I just want to be sure that I haven't got a dud iPod or anything

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm sorry if someone has asked this question already.. I looked around a bit and if there is one I must have missed it.

Anyway, underlying problem, my iPod takes ages to reboot, at least much longer than one other iPod that I have experienced. I DO have 28gb of data on it, including 6 pages of Apps, so this may be why..

Does anyone know anything on the matter? Do I need to take it to Apple or anything?

Thanks guys.
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Uhm... I don't think you should force restart your iPod unless you have to, such as a stuck app. The proper way to do it is to hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the big red slider comes up, and slide it. Then you should a wait a few seconds and start up the iPod again.
  3. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    what i have noticed is that the more data (apps, music, videos, photos, etc.) you have on your ipod, the slower it becomes.... The ram in the ipod gets used up quicker, and therefore is slower
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wouldn't see this as cause for worry. Having more material on your iPod will definitely cause it to take longer to boot.
  5. SaintShubz

SaintShubz New Member

Really? I was under the impression that you should reboot your iPod every so often.. because it just refreshes it. And certainly after installing any biggish apps?

And I think rebooting and just turning it off and on are different things..? Unless they're not, you may be right ^_^. Thanks for your advice
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah, thank you

I guess next time I have to restore my iPod for something (hopefully before the warranty runs out

) I'll have a go and see whether it's sped up in the reboot process or not.