Ipod reboot blank screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kishiyama Daikogi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Kishiyama Daikogi

Kishiyama Daikogi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For some reason, my ipod is messed up. Sometimes it will reboot by itself and then I will have to use blackra1n to use it, but this time not even that works. When I use blackra1n it will say "running" for a while and then the ipod's screen will go completely blank. Blackra1n will then say that the ipod will reboot soon, but it never does. after a while it will go back to the itunes connection screen. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Don't use black rain use spirit and have you tried a clean restore or dfu ?
  3. Kishiyama Daikogi

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i've tried dfu but that didn't work. I need some of the stuff on it so I can't try clean restore. Thanks for the Spirit tip

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Xgin

Xgin New Member

1. Plugged in iPod with USB to PC.
    2. Opened my computer and saw that iPod was there in the list (Devices with removable storage).
    3. Ejected the iPod (Use the option "Safely Remove" from the notification area in the bottom right next to your Windows clock)
    4. made sure the hold button was off and then held down the Menu button and middle button at the same time for five seconds.
  5. Kishiyama Daikogi

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I kind of got stuck on two because the computer does not recognize the iPod as a storage device. Is there a way to possibly browse the iPod's files while it is in dfu? that would be my best idea.