ipod randomly erased all music when i synced with itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Babolatpdtp, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Babolatpdtp

Babolatpdtp New Member

OK so I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod done by Ziphone. Everything worked fine a few weeks ago when I first jailbroke it (i was able to sync music and whatnot). However, today when I tried to sync my music to itunes, it instead took OFF all of the music on my ipod (the music is still there in itunes itself). When I press "sync" it does not put any of the music in my library on my ipod.

Every item in itunes IS checked (even though that doesn't matter since i dont have "only synced checked songs" selected.

Anyone know how to fix this? Pressing sync does not bring the music back. I never had this problem until today.

Edit: iTunes sees the ipod as empty also (it doesn't still say the music is there when it's not). This there a way of correcting this without doing a restore?
  2. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

If Itunes recognizes your ipod, then I would suspect itunes. Did you try shutting down your computer and restarting? Have you changed anything in itunes, such as the recent upgrade?
  3. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try restoring.
  4. Babolatpdtp

Babolatpdtp New Member

Yes I did do the upgrade on itunes and I can't remember if I've synced since then. But is the newest version been known to do this?
  5. AceMcCloudX

AceMcCloudX New Member

this happened to me twice now, only it deleted the songs from itunes aswell, had to get apple to re-issue them twice - just backed them up now though.
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that's Apple Hacking at work. Since You Hacked your iPod Apple Hacked You (secretly.)