Ipod problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Soul Amazing, May 18, 2008.

1. Soul Amazing

Soul Amazing New Member

I used ziphone 3(?) and it was all fine and dandy, but whenever i try to connect my ipod to my computer. Itunes will open and say it cannot sync it and an error comes up (x800008?) and this has happened to me a couple times now everytime i sync it.
    I have restored my ipod and everything is fine, i can sync it once again and all that.
    I am wondering if ziphone is messing up my ipod over time and if i should just try iliberty.
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

if itunes is having trouble i would personally just restore and rejailbreak it with iliberty+ it was actually made for just the touch, and it works better, good luck!
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Personally i would have NEVER used ziphone in the first place it does mess up ur ipod. Use iLiberty or Winpwn/Pwnage
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It has nothing to do with Ziphone! If you can give the exact error message that would help narrow it down.
  5. Soul Amazing

Soul Amazing New Member

0xE 8000001

That is the error i get, so can anyone help. I searched google and foreign forums came up so that didn't help me at all.

I think i might have to return my ipod.
  6. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

ok so.... restore your ipod then make sure its updated to the latest firmware

then jailbreak it with ziphone
  7. Soul Amazing

Soul Amazing New Member

I have done this about 5 times and i get the same error - i have the latest firmware.
    I have tried iliberty as well but that one isn't syncing up to my ipod, ziphone is the only one that works.
  8. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

hmm... are you using the most recent ziphone?
  9. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Learn to google better, narrowed the search to ipod 8000001 and the first result was i lounge with this

Here is an Apple discussion forum thread I found on the subject. The problem may be your use of a USB hub not providing enough power to the device. If you are directly connected to your computer, you may want to try a different USB connector.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=6745423

We have seen many times before where problems are solved by either connecting to a different USB port or a different computer.
  10. Soul Amazing

Soul Amazing New Member

nope not working still