Ipod Problem / exchange question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheRT, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TheRT

TheRT New Member

I just updated my touch to the newest firmware earlier today and when I tried to fire it up for the first time it would not come up whatsoever. I tried restoring it in every manner but that has proved to be unsuccessful, the screen is stuck on a very dim apple icon and the ipod is not recognized by itunes when I plug it in.

My ipod is still under its one year warranty period, but what I was wondering is if anyone has had this similar problem and tried returning/exchanging it in store?

Were they able to fix the iPod on site or did they have to ship it off? Also, would they let you upgrade to the 2nd generation for a little extra cashola? Thanks in advance.
  2. ipodtouchnerd55

ipodtouchnerd55 New Member

I had the same problem and they just gave me their bullsh*t shpell about would you like to recycle your ipod and get 10% of your new ipod, so i just said no and they gave me a refurbed 1st gen ipod touch!
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not hardware related, it's software related. That said, it wouldn't be necessary to send it off to Apple, unless you're intrigued by the chance of getting a new refurbished 1st-gen iPod touch. They won't likely give you a 2nd-gen iPod touch.

It's software related like I said, so try placing the iPod touch into DFU Mode rather than Recovery Mode. The steps below show you how to place your iPod touch into DFU Mode, three different ways:

1. Hold down Sleep/Wake button and Home button together, until the iPod touch turns off. Once the iPod touch turns on again, let go of the Sleep/Wake button about 1 or 2 seconds later, still holding the Home button. Once plugged in, iTunes will recognize the device is in DFU Mode.

2. Open up iLiberty+ (1.3.0 used in this example) and other the Other Tools tab select Enter DFU Mode.

3. Open up ZiPhone (3.0 used in this example) and select Prepare for Upgrade.