iPod possibly rendered useless

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bric, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Bric

Bric New Member

I thought I had a 3G iPod Touch 3.1.2. (bought used) I started doubting this once only 2G firmware downloads were working with it. Anyway, I was running the blackra1n tethered jailbreak for about half a year. My battery had died, so I downloaded blackra1n onto my girlfriend's computer (which had iTunes 9.1) and came across the problem with the .dll files. I quickly fixed that problem by moving blackra1n to one of the iTunes folders. Anyway, I later downloaded iTunes 9.1 on my own computer, and came across the dll problem with that. I then fixed it using the same method, but then had a problem of blackra1n not working at all. After 3 days of frustration, I got blackra1n to run, and everything was fine... except I couldn't sync my iPod to iTunes!! I tried everything, and proceeded to reset my iPod to update it to 3.1.3 and jailbreak it with Spirit. Then, without thinking, after it reset and deleted everything, and went into restore mode, I ran blackra1n again. Blackra1n froze on the screen with George Hotz' face, so I held Home+Power to put it into DFU mode. I tried to restore it with the 3.1.3 download and I receieved error 1604. I tried two different wires and two different computers that had two different operating systems. I decided to download 2.2.1 and try that with Shift+click, but to no avail. It only led to error 20. I also tried using the ipsw file that was already in the Software update folder, but it told me it was incompatible. I've also tried using the iREB program while doing this stuff, but it made no difference at all.

P.S. While plugged in, my iPod keeps resetting itself every few minutes and giving me the annoying "new hardware" crap.
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Woah woah.

All you have to do is throw it into DFU mode.
    Then plug it in.
    Restore.
    Download Spirit.
    Run Spirit.

And it's all good.
    Try that and tell us exactly what goes wrong after that (if anything does).

Oh, make sure you aren't using itunes 9.2. Word on the street is it'sa spirit killer.
  3. Bric

Bric New Member

Nonono, you see, I did hold home and sleep both at the same time for 10 seconds. It was already in restore mode, and then it rebooted, into DFU mode, correct? Then I attempted restore with the 3.1.3 through iTunes, and I receive error 1604.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nope. Here:

1. Plug it in.

2. Turn it off.

3. Press the power button for 5 seconds.

4. While still holding the power button, press the home button for 10 seconds.

5. Let go of the power button and hold the home button for 30 seconds, or until iTunes recognizes a device in Restore Mode, except there is nothing on the screen of your device.

6. Done.
  5. Bric

Bric New Member

Finally got it in DFU mode, but now there's no device in iTunes so no Restore button to click. D:
  6. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Run Spirit, or the jailbreak tool you use to jailbreak it!
  7. Bric

Bric New Member

Spirit's button won't click. I have to restore it first! My iPod was reset so there's nothing on it whatsoever
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, I plugged it in my uncle's 64bit computer with iTunes, and it showed up. I restored, (iTunes automatically downloaded 2.2.1), and then I got error 1601. Now what?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey, I plugged it in my uncle's computer and put 3.1.3 on a flash drive, and VOILA. Restored. Thanks for the help! Forget smashing the iPod, I'm gonna smash my computer. The driver bullsh*t was the entire problem. Ever since I downloaded iTunes 9.1

Please Register or Log in to view images