I thought I had a 3G iPod Touch 3.1.2. (bought used) I started doubting this once only 2G firmware downloads were working with it. Anyway, I was running the blackra1n tethered jailbreak for about half a year. My battery had died, so I downloaded blackra1n onto my girlfriend's computer (which had iTunes 9.1) and came across the problem with the .dll files. I quickly fixed that problem by moving blackra1n to one of the iTunes folders. Anyway, I later downloaded iTunes 9.1 on my own computer, and came across the dll problem with that. I then fixed it using the same method, but then had a problem of blackra1n not working at all. After 3 days of frustration, I got blackra1n to run, and everything was fine... except I couldn't sync my iPod to iTunes!! I tried everything, and proceeded to reset my iPod to update it to 3.1.3 and jailbreak it with Spirit. Then, without thinking, after it reset and deleted everything, and went into restore mode, I ran blackra1n again. Blackra1n froze on the screen with George Hotz' face, so I held Home+Power to put it into DFU mode. I tried to restore it with the 3.1.3 download and I receieved error 1604. I tried two different wires and two different computers that had two different operating systems. I decided to download 2.2.1 and try that with Shift+click, but to no avail. It only led to error 20. I also tried using the ipsw file that was already in the Software update folder, but it told me it was incompatible. I've also tried using the iREB program while doing this stuff, but it made no difference at all. P.S. While plugged in, my iPod keeps resetting itself every few minutes and giving me the annoying "new hardware" crap.