iPod possibly bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by aaronrivera, Feb 4, 2009.

1. aaronrivera

aaronrivera New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First off I'd like to say I'm not very technical when it comes to Jailbreaking besides the easy versions that I've done with my first iPod Touch 1st Generation. Anyways I've followed the instructions the best I could and I believe I've done everything right, but when I get to the step to get the Boot Helper to get the screen out of the "black" I guess you would say. It will stay black even after I end iPodService, AppleMobileDevice.exe and any process related to Apple and load the Boot Helper and do the instructions. Once I finish holding the buttons (sleep and home) for the amount of seconds it tells me to and let go of the sleep then hold the home for 5 more seconds, it tells me to replug my iPod touch and press any key when the screen turns white. That's what my main problem is at the moment. It wont turn white, I've tried this multiple times over and over again but get the same black screen result. So I'm wondering is my iPod Touch bricked permanently? or can I fix this somehow? I'm aware there's been multiple post on this subject and I've read ALOT of them and haven'y found a fix that works so I'd like personal help I guess. The "open iTunes and put in to DFU mode" isn't working and I don't think it worked for anyone else with the same problem as I.

If you need anymore information respond and I'll do my best to give it.
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Youre iPod isn't bricked, search for the guide that says read me if your iPod touch is bricked or something like that.
  3. aaronrivera

aaronrivera New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay found a fix that worked for me. You hold the sleep+home for 10 seconds then let go of the sleep and hold the home for 8 seconds not 5.
  4. Clash

Clash New Member

Eh... that means you never got to enter DFU then, only now
  5. firefoxuser

firefoxuser New Member

you not restore mode, DFU mode . you shouldnt see the itunes symbol with a cord sticking it.