ipod pop...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by 42395_skyline, Jun 21, 2009.

1. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    umm there was something in cydia called ipod pop or something like that and it was for iphones and would open up the ipod controls where ever you are without the music playing. i cant find it in cydia for my ipod touch. anyone know if its still on cydia?
  2. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

I don't remember ever seeing something like this in Cydia.
    You can change the setting of the home double tap to open up the Music/iPod app. I suppose that is less useful when you're already in an app, as it would quit out... hmm, I'll see what I can find.

Edit: A quick google revealed that the app is indeed called iPodPop (one word).
    You must have the iFoneGuide repo installed, so add that first. I can't confirm that it works on 3.0, though...

Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i used it on 2.2.1 because i changed the iphone plist into the ipod plist so it acted like an iphone not letting the controls pop up unless the music is playing so i needed this. and now i need it again on 3.0 but cant find it

------------------double post merged------------------
    never mind i found it. i needed the ifoneguide repo. lets see if it works on 3.0...
  4. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

Haha, good stuff. Let me know if it works, I'll grab it.
  5. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    didn't work

you can try it if you want. maybe its me. but the ipod touch naturally shows music controls. i changed the plist so its different. im going to keep looking.
  6. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

Was it an accident? Or were you doing the MMP Flip mod manually that did that?
  7. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ssh'd to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and added the ipod app to the N45AP.plist. i forgot what you are supposed to type to get the app but yea. spotlight will find the songs that way also. i heard spotlight wont with MMP Flip
  8. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

That's what I was referring to with the manual MMP Flip, just easier to explain that way rather than going through the steps using secure shell.

I'm not sure if anyone has found a solution to this yet, I'm monitoring a thread about the MMP Flip issues right now.
  9. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6

oh. how does ipod pop work? do you have an idea? maybe it can be done manually on 3.0
  10. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

No idea, and I doubt the source is readily available. By chance did you enable the setting in Preferences?