Ipod owner wanna be

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yorkieforme, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Yorkieforme

Yorkieforme New Member

Hi,

I am looking for information on the ereader APP for an Ipod. I got a Sony eReader touch for Christmas and it's great but has very limited capabilities and I am considering returning it to get an Ipod Touch....which would be far more useful...

How easy is the App for ereader books for the Ipod & can you change the size of the font on the Ipod when reading?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Rainstar182

Rainstar182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want just an electronic reader get the amazon kindle.
  3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The Amazon Kindle is indeed a great eBook reader but for the iPod touch, Stanza is another good alternative... It's a freebie and in addition to font size-changing, you can also select from a variety of different font types as well...

There is also a huge selection of books from the in-app store, including those tech books from O'Reilly as well as Random House freebies and even books that have been adapted into motion pictures!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please note that even though the app itself is free, many of the eBooks are not, particularly the O'Reilly ones and some Romance eBooks as well...
  4. Yorkieforme

Yorkieforme New Member

Thanks for the above replies...I have been reading on here about the Stanza etc and there seems to be a good amount of possibilities for ebooks for the Ipod...I just need to know that there are font size changing capabilities for the App for the ereading...
    The Sony eReader touch is awesome but for less money I could get a 32 GB Ipod and get much more use out of an Ipod.....
  5. Magnum

Magnum New Member

i agree, the ipod has much more capabilities and is cheaper. Stanza is pretty awesome in my opinion. The font size capabilities are pretty good in the newer version if i remember correctly.
  6. Delicache

Delicache New Member

I just bought a new ipod touch and put Stanza on it, does change font size and i love it, currently reading "The adventures of Sherlock Holmes".
    It seems to be easier for me to read the ipod touch than an actual book now, damn these middle-aged eyes.

7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Damn those Mitsubishis
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod touch is great for reading on, as long as you have young eyes! Use iComic, myComics or ComicZeal for reading your cbr/cbz/zip comic scans. You can read pdfs and pretty much all types of text files using other third party App Store software or just get Stanza for it's huge collection of books (and follow the 'Stanza' link in my sig for someone1guy's ebook repository).
  9. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try an app called stanza, it is great for PDF's. :]

Also, if you change your mind just get a Amazon Kindle, because reading on an iPod is really frustrating sometimes x.x
  10. Yorkieforme

Yorkieforme New Member

Thanks Delicache...just what I wanted to hear!!

What version Ipod did you get?