Ipod originally sync-ed with different computer, apps lost

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by estinnis, Feb 25, 2009.

1. estinnis

estinnis New Member

So... I read some other thread that said if you try to re purchase lost apps, then a popup will come up saying "you already purchased this app" and then you get a free download..

Tried it,
    Didn't work,
    Pissed off.

I originally used Itunes on another computer to purchase apps etc... That computer is now dead, so I had to use a different computer. That computer synced to my ipod and decided to remove all my apps because they weren't on this new computer.

How do I get them back????
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Log in to your iTunes account, then you click "buy" for all the applications. It will say that you can download it for free. To see the applications you have bought, just click on your e-mail in the top-right side of iTunes, and enter your password, then click "Purchase History".
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Make sure you authorize the computer you are on now with your account info.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, that's right; forgot about it; in the top menu, it's under Store -> Authorize
  5. estinnis

estinnis New Member

yeah... for some reason its not working.

This is what happened today.

Came back from vacation
    Found out original computer died
    Used secondary computer
    Installed Itunes, had to re-enter payment info and such.
    Sync-ed Apps, which removed all apps... my mistake I guess.
    Go to install previously purchased apps, says I need to pay.
    Tried re-installing one anyway just to test it.
    Go to Purchase history... sure enough it charged my Credit card $
    Authorised computer like you said.... apparently the computer was already authorised.

AHHH!!!!
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You shouldn't have needed to re-enter anything, just log into your itunes account. So if you actually paid for them and this isn't working you can copy your purchase history and contact Apple and they will do a one time fix for you.
  7. shendwen

shendwen New Member

more complicated lost apps

can somebody help me please???? i've just bought my ipod touch 2nd generation, and i'va paid for some apps from an apps installer shop. some of it is itunes store's & some is third party's.but when i sync to my home pc, all the apps were lost!!! i went to the shop for re-installing,then when i plugged my ipod to my pc, i browse and buy some apps from i-tunes store, but i don't know how to transfer the apps into my ipod. if i use sync, then all my last installed apps were lost again!! so how if i want to add more apps without losing old apps????please help....

Please Register or Log in to view images