Ipod on computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superstar, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hey!
    I have an 8GB ipod which I've been using for half a year without any problems. Over the last day or two I noticed something was wrong. Plugging my ipod to the computer via USB charges the ipod and makes the connecting sound, but it does not appear in itunes, neither does it show up in iphone browser...it's like my PC can't access it...Anyone think they can help me?

BTW I'm running Vista

Thanks!
  2. newdude

newdude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im not sure if this will help, but sometimes when that happens, what I do is press the home button again, so that the iPod wakes up. While it's plugged in, and I am in iTunes. and I also press cancel, whenever the message from windows pops-up that there's a new camera detected.
    It seems to work for me.
  3. tpkray

tpkray New Member

I hope newdude helped you because this is something that has never happened to me. Sorry I couldn't help man.
  4. Superstar

Superstar Member

Thanks guys
    I'm not quite sure what you meant but I tried to do it (I think) and it didn't help.
    However I don't ever get a message when I plug in my ipod, I just hear a sound

EDIT-Problem solved! I entered services on my pc and restarted the apple application...thanks!