IPOD not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmcgrath093, Aug 24, 2009.

1. jmcgrath093

jmcgrath093 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Hey, I was recently trying to jailbreak my iPod touch (firmware 2.2.1 at that stage) and had an error there but that was ok, I just restored to the original legit firmware.

But recently I was experimenting with a downloaded 3.0 firmware I had downloaded from a site so I decided just to click shift+upgrade on my iTunes and located the file and it began the whole extracting etc, and I watched my ipod and saw it on the boot logo with the progress bar when loading and let that go. Once done I instantly got a 1604 error which I had seen when trying to jailbreak on my 2.1.1 software. So I figured all I needed was to restore to the 2.2.1 restore I had downloaded from iTunes but now whenever I try that I get the "unknown error 1604" error. I have tried continuing with a 2.2.1 jailbreak and shift clicking to get into there, trying to restore both custom 2.2.1 firmwares and original iTunes firmware. Neither of these work.

So far all my iPod does is:
    - Does not turn on when unplugged
    - When plugged into usb, it still will not turn on but after leaving it for 5-10 minutes it will dding on my computer and load the "connect to iTunes logo and when openening iTunes now it will recognize it as recovery mode but once again when restoring it errors.
    - When in this recovery plugged in mode, i can get it to go through the dding to get it into DFU mode, but in doing this iTunes will instantly pop up with the error without even trying to load on firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if anyone has any programs which rip out the firmware and replace it better than iTunes does or anything that can fix would be great.

Running Windows XP, have iTunes 8.2 and can downgrade to 7.5 as I have heard that can help.

Thanks,
  2. Yutaka

Yutaka New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. DFU mode (Google it)
    2. Now restore.

Hope it works!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Please don't pirate firmware. It's illegal and against forum rules.
  4. jmcgrath093

jmcgrath093 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey,

When I enter iTunes in DFU mode it comes up with "could not restore ipod "ipod" an unknown error occured (1)"
  5. Boat

Boat New Member

Try jusing QUICKPWN RC3 to put it in DFU mode then kill the program when ur screen turns white and then go into itunes n restore.
  6. jmcgrath093

jmcgrath093 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    will try the quickpwn method, but also I have been reading that I need some patch to allow itunes to reboot? Is this true?
  7. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Use the link in my signature, that should do it.
  8. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dont pirate firmware, and DFU Mode + Restore should do it.

You cant jailbreak 3.0 unless youre running 3.0 before you start.
    You cant jailbreak 2.2.1 unless youre running 2.2.1 before you start.

2.2.1 - redsn0w 0.3, QuickFreedom
    3.0 - redsn0w 0.7.1, redsn0w 0.7.2, redsn0w 0.8