iPod not working... wierd

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wesche, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was downgrading with ziphone and it was going ok, but know it says "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" and its just that uncoutable times..... itunes wont find it, iphuc wont eather, or ziphone.... its just wierd.. I waited all night for the battery to die, and it did, I charged it, and I turned it on and it was the same
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hold both of the button (Sleep and Home) for about 10 secs, and it will turn off.

Then use my video in my sig to restore.
  3. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    think I didnt try.. it doest work
  4. neo4386

neo4386 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Happened to me

YEah this happened to me when I did a downgrade using ziphone. What I did is (still with the dock plugged in) close iTunes, press sleep+home to totally turn off the iPod, then booted it again with a sleep + home so i can go to recovery mode. when on recovery mode, i ran ziphonegui, clicked on advanced features, then on DFU mode. this puts the ipod on dfu mode so you can now launch itunes and restore to any firmware you like.
  5. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the thing is when I press home and sleep nothing happens
  6. neo4386

neo4386 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    While on the BSD thing? the home + sleep is actually the hard reset, press and hold both for a long time like 10secs or more see if it works... I was even scared with that before coz it won't reset till i tried pushing both longer than 10secs it worked.
  7. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what am I a noob.. I have over 450 posts... I did that !!! your the noob for not reading the hole post
  8. neo4386

neo4386 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    chill man... i just wanted to share what i did with the same error... maybe since you cannot hard reset it maybe you should take it to apple...
  9. evokyle

evokyle New Member

10. pjs900927

pjs900927 New Member

Thanks! neo1386, you're a genius! my ipod has the same error, so i press home + sleep button for 5~6 seconds to totally power off. and then, connect ipod to computer and power on with press home + sleep button. at first few seconds, ipod seems to didn't work. but maybe 10 seconds to hold both button, ipod appears with Recovery Mode (iBoot)!