Ipod not working at all.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Psmth, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Recently my Ipod Touch 2g w/ 3.0 firmware died on me, the screen went black and nothing was happening, forcing it into restore mode was doing nothing.

Trying to restore it with itunes came up with nothing, each time, on separate computers, on separate USB cables, Itunes would come up with error code 6 about 65% of the way through installing the firmware on the ipod.

Trying to jailbreak it (using redsn0w) causes it to download the package for a while then eventually black out the screen causing nothing to happen.

It won't respond to any buttons, I can hold the power button and home button down in any combination for any amount of time (I've held it down for 6-7 mins sometimes) and nothing happens. Originally when I plugged it into itunes it would try the firmware, fail then have the itunes logo on the screen (with the usb pointing towards it), now nothing.

What can I do with this ? is there any possible way to fix this?

Thanks alot for any help.
  2. applemacguru

applemacguru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    take it back to apple
  3. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As in to the actual apple store ? or the store I bought it from ?

It's pretty roughed up with a few minor dents on the back of it, as well as a lot of scratches.

Would they take it back since it has been jailbroken in the past ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump.
  4. CAxJESTER11

CAxJESTER11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried putting the ipod in DFU mode and shift + restoring it with a 3.0 ipsw?
    This should work everytime unless your ipod is out of battery therefore you need to charge it first.
    If you don't know what DFU mode or shift + restoring is I can provide tutorials.
    Just ask.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've tried DFU, unless I'm doing it wrong. I cant exactly tell when the screen is ALWAYS black except for a min when installing firmware. I've tried other IPSW's and it's basically the same.
  6. CAxJESTER11

CAxJESTER11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you say the screen is black, do you mean it's black like when the ipod is turned off or black like it's turned on and making a little light?
  7. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Black as if I never even turned it on, there is no backlight at all.

The only time their is something on screen is if I try to restore it.
  8. CAxJESTER11

CAxJESTER11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, well I was gonna say maybe it could be out of battery but, then it wouldn't make any light when you restore. I don't know what to tell you because if itunes recognizes your ipod then you should be able to restore with the correct firmware ipsw.
  9. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok well now it is to the point where I can't even connect it to a PC, windows (on numerous installs) is telling me USB device not recognized and that it has malfunctioned, what can I do now ?

Do I need to send it off or can I take it to an apple store to be fixed, I bought it 4 months ago and it only has regular warranty on it.

It's also roughly scratched up with a few minor dents on the back of it, as well as being previously jail broken, will they accept it?
  10. CAxJESTER11

CAxJESTER11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think that you should have a one year warranty, however jailbreaking voids your warranty. But I don't think they will be able to tell that you jailbroke it because it won't turn on. Therefore, I think you should send it in and they will give you a refurbished one, hopefully. You should probably call the apple people before you send it in and talk to them about your warranty and stuff. Of course leave out the part that you jailbroke your ipod haha