iPod Not starting up? (5th time now)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by EvanTDM, Apr 1, 2009.

1. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i know others may have this problem but my iPod, well, it wont start up and ill wait 5-7 hours and ill be able to turn it back on. only to have it with 10% life. i tried to touch the screen and act as if i was gonna play music even though the screen showed nothing and that didnt work. so i tried other things like holding home and all that and i eventually thought my screen might be f***ed. then i read on here that others have this problem, too. but what i found out was that i had white noise coming from my earphones. so i just was messing around and unplugged them and then put them back in and turned on my iPod and it worked. is this my iPod's fault or is it 2.2 FW's fault? and will apple fix this cause its pissing me off now i dont even turn my ipod off anymore i just put it to sleep.
  2. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your best bet is to restore and rejailbreak. If you want Apple to fix it, then restore and give it to them unjailbroken. Jailbreaking makes your ipod just a bit more unstable than a clean ipod, so if this is really an issue, don't jailbreak at all.
    But just be thankful you're not an a 1.1.x jailbreak, because those are REALLY unstable.