ipod not showing up in itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jimbeam, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know theres other threads like this. But i cant find an answer. It doesn't show in itunes, Ziphone will not find it or independence. Not even ipuc can find it. One of my ipods is in recovery and i get the 1604 error and i tried everything new accounts, restarting, switching ports. nothing works. The second ipod touch just doesn't show up at all on my computer. But my ipod video shows up fine.

I'm running leopard. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
  2. deepdish

deepdish New Member

seems the problem may be with the usb port youre using.

try using another port. if that doesnt work, and youre using a laptop, unplug the laptop and remove the battery for a few seconds and then replace and re boot. this will reset your usb ports.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Im using a mini and I tried every port on it. I also tried turning off and on the computer, switching user accounts. Basically everything apple said to do on there site. Except tiring a different computer. since the mini is all i have at the moment.
  4. deepdish

deepdish New Member

you have to take the battery out of the computer to reset the ports. simply turning off the computer and turning it on will not do it.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That sucks. But how come every thing els shows up thats plugged into the ports. My ipod video showed up.
  6. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its probably your USB ports.......i had the same problem with my iPod Video..I had to restore my whole PC
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That really sucks. I don't have the Leopard disk anymore. Cant i just restore all my settings? Network, iTunes all that good stuff.
  8. ipodtouchpros

ipodtouchpros New Member

Hey, I've had this problem before. What I did was install Windows Install Cleanup. After you open it, just delete everything to do with iTunes or apple. Then, you can reinstall iTunes from filehippo and just choose the iTunes that you want. I hope this helps. If you have any questions e-mail me at Ipodtouchpros@gmail.com
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think I'm going to just restore back to tiger. Ever since that last update for leopard came out i have been having all kinds of problems. One after the next. First with safari crapping out. then it was airport randomly turning on and off. Then my blue tooth would go out every time it went into sleep mode forcing me to restart the thing since I use a blue tooth mouse and keyboard. Now this. I never had any problems with tiger.

One more thing. would it be possible to install tiger on a 60 gig USB HD and run it from there until i get this leopard thing under control. I thought about portioning the built in hard drive and having both. but i only have 5 gigs left on it. I no neither would help with the ipod problem but it might help until i fix the others.
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok I fixed it. Ignore all that crazy talk in my last post. I just deleted everything that had to do with iTunes (backing up all media of curse). Then reinstalled iTunes and everything is good. I was able to restore and my other one is now registering.

As far as the other problems (if anyone cares) there was a problem with fire fox interfering with safari. Updated fire fox and is fixed. Blue tooth was just a loss wire and airport just needed a hard settings reset.

Thank for nothing laidies.