iPod not showing on OSX desktop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by srpeters22, Dec 29, 2007.

1. srpeters22

srpeters22 New Member

First of all....This forum rocks!!! I jailbroke my iPod touch, changed to a new theme, added google maps, stocks, weather, and mail (although i am having trouble with that, lol), plus changed my icons' positioning. All of this due to you guys on here that know what you are doing and can put it into simple instructions. Thanks a lot!

As my title says...I cannot seem to find my iPod Touch on my desktop when I plug it in. My sister has a nano and I can put file directly on hers that way. Is there a way to make mine show up for easy drag and drop to it?

Also, I have searched and searched, and I cannot seem to get my e-mail to work with the mail.app. From my understanding, you must use IzyMail for hotmail, and that gmail, yahoo, and aol all work. My problem is that my school's email only allows entourage to update my mail (thereby not having to log into Microsoft outlook express). I almost got hotmail to work but it says you need to have premium hotmail. Obviously this forum likes to find ways around trivial things such as paying for extra features

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does anybody know how to set up Entourage to forward my e-mail to either yahoo, gmail, or even hotmail so mail.app with receive them?
  2. linds

linds New Member

The touch doesn't have a disk mode like the nano and other iPods do. That's why it doesn't show up.

If you look in your installer, one way to get an icon to show up in Finder is to use the APFd server app. It uses wireless to connect to the touch though so if you don't have wireless, then maybe someone else can suggest something since I don't use OS X that often.
  3. srpeters22

srpeters22 New Member

ok. I have the APFd server installed and working on my iPod. How do I connect to it on my network though? When I go to "Network" in Finder, the "My Hacked iPhone" network is available but I don't know what username and password to put in. Do i put in the name of my ipod and the passcode for it, i.e. 4 digit number?
  4. bucks1605

bucks1605 New Member

Does the Afpd app only work with OS X? Or could I use it with my pc?
  5. linds

linds New Member

username: root
    password: alpine
  6. linds

linds New Member

7. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

There's a program called iphonedrive that allows you to easily put huge files into your iPoT using USB. The only problem is that you have to pay for it after the initial free seven day trial. It really is a great and easy program to use for about seven days

P.S. Not spam (sorry if it sounds like spam)